Kingdoms and Nations RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms and Nations RP

The Official Forum of Kingdoms and Nations RP, a Warcraft 3 roleplaying map by JaY10101

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Economic System

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JaY10101
Admin
Admin

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:14 am

Feedback on the economic upgrading system, any ideas such as other types of upgradable economy buildings? (eg Banks, etc)
Back to top Go down
https://kingdomsandnationsrp.forumotion.net
GelbeBlaetter
Noble
Noble

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:25 am

I would like to place some build plots in the forests where you can make a Lumbermill after you captured it, could bring action to areas were normally noone goes to.
Same for Goldmines in the mountains.

I would also prefer if you can build exotic markets/banks/factories only at build plots inside of cities.

You could add diamond mines special for dwarves, their city looks a little bit small and empty actually Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.be.31337.pl/
JaY10101
Admin
Admin

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:41 am

GelbeBlaetter wrote:
I would like to place some build plots in the forests where you can make a Lumbermill after you captured it, could bring action to areas were normally noone goes to.
Same for Goldmines in the mountains.

I would also prefer if you can build exotic markets/banks/factories only at build plots inside of cities.

You could add diamond mines special for dwarves, their city looks a little bit small and empty actually Smile

Well you can place the lumbermills and goldmines yourself using the Economy Builder, it makes it so they are more randomized than having an exact location for a lumbermill/goldmine every game, this way the GM can make it wherever they want.

Also the economy building stuff you mentioned IS only buildable inside cities, if you didnt know

There will be more dwarf places
Back to top Go down
GelbeBlaetter
Noble
Noble

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:14 am

JaY10101 wrote:
Well you can place the lumbermills and goldmines yourself using the Economy Builder, it makes it so they are more randomized than having an exact location for a lumbermill/goldmine every game, this way the GM can make it wherever they want.
Sure I know what you mean, but I would still like if there are some plots witch the players can conquer, without need to be given by the GM.

JaY10101 wrote:

Also the economy building stuff you mentioned IS only buildable inside cities, if you didnt know
I thought so^^ Just wanted to know if i'm right

JaY10101 wrote:
There will be more dwarf places
Ah cool Wink
Back to top Go down
JaY10101
Admin
Admin

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:44 am

[quote]
GelbeBlaetter wrote:
JaY10101 wrote:
Sure I know what you mean, but I would still like if there are some plots witch the players can conquer, without need to be given by the GM.

All economic buildings can be captured so you can just spend a minute placing them randomly across the map and players can capture them without you having to give it to them

Also if you have any ideas and suggestions for new economic buildings, that would help as there is barely any right now.
Back to top Go down
GelbeBlaetter
Noble
Noble

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:46 am

-whorehouse
-diamond mine (for dwarves)
-guesthouse/inns
-some special buildings for elves and orcs (don't knoe their cultures^^)
Back to top Go down
Middelburg
Peasant
Peasant

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:46 am

Just a quick suggestion;
Might be good to have a 'counting house' (a la Henry VIII's comptrollers) to generate gold and make the Banks an upgraded version of it.
Back to top Go down
stoffe246
Peasant
Peasant
stoffe246

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:53 am

Yoo Jay!

The income has to be improved more to offer more realism to the whole map. The gold goes for one thing.. Building armies and maintain armies that is it. If you added more option to the towns CP like being able to build structures. Like whore houses as GelbeBlaetter pointed out, one cool feature could be to decrease nearby units attack damage, or health as a whore house doesn't exactly encourages soldiers to defend. Making it more realisitc with troops not having high morale on defending a town with a source of income by using adultery.

Another thing would be to have some town laying near mountains or forest to be able to build their own lumber mill or gold mines. And to make them more realistic there would be pack horses taht automaticly spawn at them and goes to the closest friendly city where it will be sold and give income to the player. This would also make it possible to blockade lumbers and gold from reaching a player. Also making it alot easier for player who wishes to be bandits our outlaw to make their income by stealing from these transports.

Also making pack horses go from each of your city to your capital with a route on the roads. This horses wil lcarry the tax. and enfore the players to have some guards near the roads and ensure the money gets to your capital.

There should also be a possibility to fund scientist on creating new invention. Like paying a large sum of gold and have a 10% chance of succeding in finding Gunpowder, improved armor or anything else that usually red has to apply to others.

And to make it possible for other smaller nations to not get left behind there should exist spy units in the game which could sneak in to the capitals use a spell which gives them a 50% of stealing a technology you do not yet possess. Of course there should be a limit of spies and very long training time to limit these.

Back to top Go down
Achasic
Peasant
Peasant
Achasic

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:08 am

I was thinking Church-taxes.

This requires a Religion, though. But think about it. If you declare that the church in your lands, owes taxes to the administrating power, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Achasic
Peasant
Peasant
Achasic

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:13 am

I was thinking Church-taxes.

This requires a Religion, though. But think about it. If you declare that the church in your lands, owes taxes to the administrating power, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Economic System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Economic System   Economic System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Economic System
Page 1 of 1