Kingdoms and Nations RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms and Nations RP

The Official Forum of Kingdoms and Nations RP, a Warcraft 3 roleplaying map by JaY10101

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit

Go down 
+2
Savager
JaY10101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JaY10101
Admin
Admin

Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit Empty
PostSubject: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 am

I'm just wondering if Kingdoms and Nations will be the same if villages/towns/cities are just one unit instead of the walkable ones, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://kingdomsandnationsrp.forumotion.net
Savager
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Umm, I kind of understand what you're saying, but I don't. You could give us an example or something.
Back to top Go down
GelbeBlaetter
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Savager wrote:
Umm, I kind of understand what you're saying, but I don't. You could give us an example or something.

That's exactly what i thought. Do u want to change the villages/towns/cities into real buildings or make them unwalkable?
Back to top Go down
http://www.be.31337.pl/
JaY10101
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 1:08 am

Compare the current cp system to imagine the control point system for Lords of Europe, Alternate Future, a literal one building represents a village/city/etc
Back to top Go down
Savager
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:20 am

In my opinion, I love the buildings around the village points. You could make the control points a well model.
Back to top Go down
GelbeBlaetter
Noble
Noble

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 am

Indeed, it would be good to have "one building" if you would be able to upgrade towns to cities, but than u have no houses or walls around this city^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.be.31337.pl/
Glorfindel
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:01 am

I prefer it the way it is. Far more consistent with the role playing aspect.
Back to top Go down
ArcaniteAngel
Peasant
Peasant
ArcaniteAngel

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:18 pm

In my opinion it would be quite efficient to have both, make this one building a town hall or something in a sense, surrounded by other buildings. Storm the hall or storm the mayors office. Not only that but it would make more sense if buildings were surrounding a more important building. Makes each town more unique and distinct.

But you know...

These things take time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperiumroleplay.freeforums.org
xXAgeOfPandazXx
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:46 am

Given that KaN is a mostly RP map, I say keep the cities the way they are, if not improve upon them. Making the map more and more unit based will take away from the immersion of the map and turn it more into a strategy based map where the cities really have no value other than a levy of income.
Back to top Go down
JaY10101
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:46 am

xXAgeOfPandazXx wrote:
Given that KaN is a mostly RP map, I say keep the cities the way they are, if not improve upon them. Making the map more and more unit based will take away from the immersion of the map and turn it more into a strategy based map where the cities really have no value other than a levy of income.
kandevblog.weebly.com

Improving aesthetics of the map as a whole, follow the blog for updates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit   Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms and Nations villages/towns/cities are just one unit
Page 1 of 1